The board voted to distribute as follows after committee recommendations as follows for 2018:
- $8,400 was given in scholarships to Lake County high school seniors
- A Safe Place, offers comprehensive domestic violence services that provide safety net to assist victims and children.
- CASA Lake County, (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Lake County advocates for the best interests of abused and/or neglected children in the juvenile court system. Based on the belief that every child is entitled to a safe and permanent home, more than 300 thoroughly trained CASA volunteers work in collaboration with key agencies, legal counsel and community partners to advocate on behalf of children throughout their traumatic journey in the protective care system.
- Catholic Charities/ Samaritan Hope Program, which helps single parents families to find housing and overcome obstacles to self-sufficiency
- Center for Enriched Living provides social and life skill enrichment programs for youth with development disabilities
- Emmaus House, fights suburban poverty by assisting people in surrounding communities with services. We are dedicated to providing meals, food, clothing, resources and funding to homeless and low income families.
- Helping Women Period, Our mission is to supply feminine hygiene products to homeless and low income women in the Chicagoland area.
- Joanie’s Closet, provides needy families in the 8 schools within District 95 with school supply kits, winter gear and general program support
- Omni Youth Program, providing life-changing counseling and prevention services to at-risk youth and families.
- Operation Warm provides new winter coats to children in need
- Rest in His Arms: provides funeral & burial for babies who have been abandoned. In this project, we convert wedding gowns into “angel gowns” for babies who will not make it home from the hospital due to miscarriage, stillbirth or other infant death
- Special Needs Athletic Program (SNAP), provides students with disabilities social interaction through athletic activities.
- The Chapel Food Pantry, helps alleviate food scarcity and hunger in the Lake Zurich and surrounding communities
- Lake County Haven provides transitional and housing services to homeless women and their children as well as: life-skills training, health management, financial education and counseling