The board voted to distribute as follows after committee recommendations as follows for 2018/2019:
- $5,000 was given in scholarships to Lake County high school seniors
- A Safe Place offers comprehensive domestic violence services that provide safety net to assist victims and children.
- Lake County Haven provides transitional and housing services to homeless women and their children as well as: life-skills training, health management, financial education and counseling
- Emmaus House fights suburban poverty by assisting people in surrounding communities with services. Our grant supports their program providing school and boots for school-age children. We also provide funds to distribute laundry supplies to these low-income families.
- Joanie’s Closet provides needy families in the 8 schools within District 95 with school supply kits, winter gear and general program support.
- Omni Youth Program provides life-changing counseling and prevention services to at-risk youth and families. Our grant specifically supports the Girls After School program.
- Center for Enriched Living provides social and life skill enrichment programs for youth with developmental disabilities. Our grant provides scholarships for children who cannot afford the services.
- Center for Independence through Conductive Education provides motor training for medically underserved toddlers with physical disabilities. Our grant provides scholarships for summer camp.
- The Period Collective supplies feminine hygiene products to homeless and low-income women in the Chicagoland area.
- Rest in His Arms provides funeral & burial for babies who have been abandoned. They convert wedding gowns into “angel gowns” for babies who will not make it home from the hospital due to miscarriage, stillbirth or other infant death. Our grant supports the training programs for the seamstress volunteers.
- The Chapel Food Pantry helps alleviate food scarcity and hunger in the Lake Zurich and surrounding communities.
- Mother’s Trust Foundation provides immediate assistance in times of crisis to low-income children and families in Lake County. Individual monetary grants are given for needs not met by other means.
- Twice as Nice Mother and Child provides help and hope to families in crisis by distributing diapers and other basic needs at no cost.
- CYN Counseling Center provides several services to aid children and families affected by domestic violence. Our grant supports equine therapy for domestic abuse survivors as part of a comprehensive counseling program.
- Mount St. Joseph is a healthcare facility called home by approximately 115 women with varying degrees of mental and physical disabilities in Lake Zurich. Our grant provides funds for one of the rooms in the Activity Alley, currently under construction, that will provide enrichment activities such as arts and crafts.
- Love Inc. supports families in need in Lake County. Our grant supports the Dignity of a Decent Bed program providing mattresses and bed frames for low-income families.
- SRACLC provides recreational programs and services to individuals with special needs and disabilities. Our grant provides funding for Beyond Brave, a new self-defense class for females ages 15 and older with intellectual disabilities.