Caring Women’s Connection is delighted that you are interested in our Service Scholarship! Please review the following instructions carefully. Complete applications are the first to be considered. If you have any questions during the application process, please email: email@example.com and we will reply promptly.
We wish you the best of luck!
Lynn McKinley & Kelly Hamilton, CWC Scholarship Co-chairs
- Be a Lake County Resident
- Have a minimum overall academic GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in Math, English and Science
- Must have at least 50 hours of verifiable volunteer hours during your high school career
- Will be enrolled full-time during the 2022-23 academic year at an accredited college, university, or vocational school
- Must be willing to volunteer for 10 hours of service time in a community of your choice (5 hours before the end of your first academic semester to receive the second installment of the Scholarship)
- Complete application (online or using link below). Include a detailed spreadsheet of service hours (a service hours excel template is included.)
- Obtain a letter of recommendation:
One letter from a teacher or a community member. This letter should discuss:
- Personal qualities such as motivation, service, commitment, and leadership
- Potential for future success and contributions to the community
A short summary of what we need is provided at the end of this document titled “Teacher’s Recommendation Instructions.” Please provide this document to your teacher or community member when you request your recommendation.
- Peer letter of evaluation in 200 words or less.
- A letter from a peer having them describe you as a friend and an interesting fact or quality about you
- Personal Statement in 500 words or less. Please include the following information:
- What community service are you most proud of and why (please include any service.)
- Who is someone you admire for their community service and why
- Personal achievements, academic and career goals