- November 12, 2017 - December 11, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The holiday season is about tradition, family and giving. For those less fortunate, it’s a time of struggle and disappointment when there are no decorated trees and a few wrapped presents. This year, we’ve put together several programs to fulfill the needs and wishes of those women and children living in homeless shelters in Lake County to make their holiday season memorable and hopeful. Wherever your heart leads you, please rest assured you will be filling a heart with love this holiday season.
Staben House celebrates the holidays with the children currently living there as well at the children who have lived there in the past year and have moved to transitional apartments. The highlight of the holiday party for the little ones is receiving all the trinkets in the holiday shoeboxes. The women of Caring Women’s Connection provide a shoebox filled with age-appropriate items for each child. The items are similar to items Santa might put into a stocking. Plastic shoeboxes are used for ease in transporting them to the shelter and also gives the kids a box to store all their little treasures. Each year 40 plus boxes are put together for children ranging in age from a few months to teenagers.
The last couple of years CWC member Laurie Watt has volunteered her Girl Scout troop to decorate the name cards for each box. The little “elves” are very proud of their role in making the holiday boxes festive.
Please contact Diane Myers at email@example.com if you are interested in putting together a shoebox.
Please join Caring Women’s Connection in sharing your holiday with families in need this season. You can “adopt” an individual or an entire family living at Staben House by fulfilling their holiday wish lists. Most families request clothes, books, toys and household items.
How to participate:
- Please CLICK HERE to sign up
- Purchase the items on your wish list; we suggest spending between $50 and $75 per person, keeping the number of gifts to 3 to 4. If you “adopt” all the children in one family, please keep the number of gifts the same for each child.
- Please drop off your gifts, wrapped (unless otherwise specified) with non-religious wrapping paper in boxes or bags with family or individual’s name and number on it at 40 Lake Zurich Dr., Lake Zurich, IL 60047 OR 1687 Joseph Ct, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089.
- The drop-off deadline is Monday, December 11th.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or more information.
Enrich & Empower
We started the Enrich & Empower program this year to address specific needs of those women and children we serve in Lake County. We hope to enrich their lives and empower them to restore self-confidence and ultimately achieve self-sufficiency. During this holiday season, we would like to collect the items below:
- 2018 day planners or gift cards for us to purchase day planners to help women living in Lake County Haven get organized and stay focused.
- Gift cards to purchase toys and books that reflect and respect racial, ethnic, cultural, linguistic and family diversity for children live at A Safe Place.
- Collect hair accessories and toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body lotions, deodorant, toothpaste and spring brushes) for women with mental and physical disabilities at Mount St. Joseph in Lake Zurich.
Please CLICK HERE to donate or email email@example.com if you wish to be more involved in the Enrich & Empower program. The final drop-off date is Monday, December 11th.